Writing Romantic Tension for the Inspirational
and Sweet Markets
... IS HERE IN BOTH PAPERBACK
AND EBOOK !!!
WELCOME to ROMANCE-ology 101, where a “kiss is NOT just a kiss” nor is a “sigh just a sigh”! This workbook for writers is available in both ebook and paperback at AMAZON now!!
In this clear and concise writer’s handbook, I tackle the subject of romantic tension in today’s inspirational and sweet markets with tips for ramping up the WOW factor in romance that is both sweet and swoon-worthy.
You'll find tried-and-true methods with before-and-after examples to illustrate the following points:
- Getting inside the Hero’s Head with Internal Monologue
- Maximizing Use of Beats in Dialogue
- Effectively Using Dialogue to Escalate Tension
- Utilizing Dual Point of View
- Escalating Romantic Tension with Anger
- Using All Five Senses for Heightened Effect
- Cashing In on the Kid and Pet Factor
- Enhancing Mood with Emotionally Charged Words/Verbs
- Capitalizing on the Element of Surprise
- Exposing Desire in an Unwilling Character
- Immediate Hero/Heroine Confrontation
- Making the Most of Touch and Response
- Implementing the Concept of Forbidden Fruit
- Words with a Hint of Taboo
- Appropriate “Bleep” Words for Inspirational Romance
- KISS-ology 101: The Many Faces of a Kiss
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT ROMANCE-OLOGY 101:
"Julie is one of the best there is today at writing intensely passionate romance novels. Her ability to thread romance and longing, deception and forgiveness, and lots of humor are unparalleled by anyone else in the Christian market today." —Rachel McRae of LifeWay Stores
“Julie Lessman writing a book on romantic tension is a perfect fit. This is a writing book that needs to be on the shelf of every author because nobody does romantic tension better.” —Mary Connealy, bestselling author of The Kincaid Bride and Trouble in Texas series
“I’ve always referred to Julie Lessman as the Queen of Romance and her new craft book is proof. Passionate and practical, humorous and savvy, Romance-ology 101 is a must-read for Lessman fans and all who desire to create pulse-pounding romance. A keeper!”—Laura Frantz, award-winning author of The Colonel’s Lady and Love’s Reckoning
“Passion with a Purpose, Julie's tagline says it all! She's the queen of romantic tension that stirs both your body and your soul.” —MaryLu Tyndall, award-winning author of Escape to Paradise trilogy
Julie Lessman was voted #1 Romance Author of the year in Family Fiction magazine’s 2012 and 2011 Readers Choice Awards and American Christian Fiction Writers Debut Author of the Year in 2009. She is also the recipient of 15 RWA awards and made Booklist’s 2010 Top 10 Inspirational Fiction.
Julie has taught fiction workshops all over the country, including several at American Christian Fiction Writers conference, where her popular “A Kiss Is not Just a Kiss” seminar with Ruth Axtell Morren drew a record crowd. She is a member of The Seekers blog, which teaches, encourages and inspires those on the road to publication and beyond. Julie has also served as contest judge in numerous contests as well as provided critique and line-edit assistance to unpublished writers.